Starts Sep 7, 2022 - Nov 16, 2022
Who: Open to all Live Oak students
When: Wednesday mornings - Starting Sep 7 - Nov 16 (wear your Run for Ed T-shirt!)
Where: Tiffany Roberts Sports Field
Time: 7:25-7:45 am
Join us for Run Club at 7:25 and run 5 laps around Tiffany Roberts Sports Park. According to fit.webmd.com, exercise in the morning gets your blood flowing, more oxygen to your brain and that means you can think better.
Our Run Club was started to help improve overall cardiovascular health, and help students begin their day with some exercise, run as a family, or mingle with other LO students. Run Club also prepares students to pass the "mile run" portion of the California Physical Fitness Test given to all 5th graders.
Live Oak Run Club is a FUN experience for all ages and fitness levels (run or walk the 5 laps), non-competitive (all students are successful), earn rewards and recognition for 1 every 4 miles.
Run Club may be canceled due to inclement weather conditions, school holidays, or school events. Please look for updates on the PTA website, Live Oak PTA's Facebook page, and the School website.
Please carefully read the rules and details below before registering your child(ren).
1. Parent must accompany students to the drop-off and check-in at the front gate ONLY. Please do not enter and or exit the field from the side gate. Students MUST be accompanied by an adult. This is NOT a drop-off event.
2. Parents should have submitted the PTA participation waivers for all the participants during the Registration, if not please submit the Participation Waiver.
3. Parents must stay during the run club and walk back with their child/children gate after completing the laps.
4. Parents are welcome to run/walk alongside their child/children.
5. Run Club will start promptly at 7:25 a.m. Please arrive early to check-in and warm-up.
6. Students will need to wear appropriate running shoes, PE attire, and bring a water bottle.
7. Backpacks and other items must be stored inside the field.
8. Each participating student is expected to complete 5 laps (1 mile) per day. Attendance will be noted on the sign-in sheet attendance.
9. Each student that participates in Run Club will get one ‘foot’ charm for every 5 laps they run. The laps are cumulative which may result in more charms some weeks than others. There are also charms for attendance, mileage hurdles if they participate in a 5K and a 10K and one for the end of the session. All the students attending and completing the whole session will get special prizes.
10. Charms will be given out in the class every week. Please remember that all charms are one week behind in distribution.
11. Please encourage your student to keep their necklace in a special place. We don’t have many extra necklaces to replace those lost but we will help as needed. If they do not get a charm in class that they think they earned or have lost one please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to quickly get the students what they need as we know how important the charms and necklaces are!
12. Ms. Lopez and Ms. Guidi will periodically provide acknowledgment for participating students.