Run Club - Wednesdays TBD
Run Club resumes <date>
Who: Open to all Live Oak students
When: Wednesday mornings - beginning September 4 (wear your Run for Ed T-shirt!)
Where: Tiffany Roberts Sports Field
Time: 7:25-7:45 am
Join us for Run Club at 7:25 and run 5 laps around Tiffany Roberts Sports Park. According to fit.webmd.com, exercise in the morning gets your blood flowing, more oxygen to your brain and that means you can think better.
Our Run Club was started to help improve overall cardiovascular health, and help students begin their day with some exercise, run as a family, or mingle with other LO students. Run Club also prepares students to pass the "mile run" portion of the California Physical Fitness Test given to all 5th graders.
Live Oak Run Club is a FUN experience for all ages and fitness levels (run or walk the 5 laps), non-competitive (all students are successful), earn rewards and recognition for 1 every 4 miles.
Run Club may be canceled due to inclement weather conditions, school holidays, or school events. Please look for updates on the PTA website, Live Oak PTA's Facebook page and the School website.
Please carefully read the rules and details below before registering your child(ren).
1. Parent must accompany students to the drop-off and check in at the front gate ONLY. Please do not enter and or exit the field from the side gate. Students MUST be accompanied by an adult. This is NOT a drop off event.
2. Parents must stay during the run club and walk back with their child/children gate after completing the laps.
3. Parents are welcome to run/walk alongside with their child/children.
4. Run Club will start promptly at 7:25 a.m. Please arrive early to check in and warm up.
5. Students will need to wear appropriate running shoes, PE attire, and bring a water bottle.
6. Backpacks and other items must be stored inside the field.
7. Each participating student is expected to complete 5 laps (1 mile) per day. Attendance will be noted on a punch card after the session based on the sign-in sheet attendance.
8. Ms. J will periodically provide acknowledgement and/or prizes for participating students.
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions, please contact Ms. Janssen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to these Live Oak Run Club students!
They have completed the following running milestones in 2017-2018 ...
5th grade- 66 total miles
Zach (Mrs. Freels) with 11 miles
4th grade - 80 miles
Satvik (Mrs. Maul) with 12 miles
3rd grade - 34 miles
Pragnya (Mrs. Samra) 12 miles
2nd grade- 81 miles
Sebestian (Mrs. Dieckhans) 11 miles
1st grade - 32 miles
Damien (Mrs. Lehto) 11 miles
TK/Kinder- 14 miles
Chris (Mrs. Smith) 6 miles
Total miles 307